Nelly Elliott

Newcastle based blogger, mama, creative, coffee-only with my oxygen, vegan, plus-size fashion lover and feminist 🌱🖤⚡️

@nellyscupcakes

Valentines and Anniversary.

Valentines day is just around the corner and my anniversary is shortly after on the 10th of March. The boyfriend and I don't usually make a big fuss on Valentines day but save our fuss making for our anniversary instead.

This year it will be 6 years since we first met! I can't believe it has been that long and I can't wait for the next 6, and the 6 after that, and the 6 after that...

We generally don't spend a lot of money on gifts as we would rather go out for a nice meal or even go away somewhere. I don't know about you but I would much rather go out and experience something than receive a huge bunch of flowers that will die and a box of generic chocolates.

Having said that, a token gesture is always loved. Something small and inexpensive to mark the occasion. So I set about trying to find something lovely I might like to receive to mark 6 years of coupledom.


I love you chitchat necklace by Canny Belle (Folksy) £5



A box of beautiful homemade macarons from The French Oven , Newcastle - £6



Love Potion Massage Bar - Lush Ltd £5.95




Big 400g giftwrapped bag of haribo love hearts - £3.90 (for sweets extra for wrapping and postage) from Sweet Home Alabama


You see, there are plenty of little ways you can say "I love you" without breaking the bank. And sometimes the small thoughtful gifts are the nicest and mean the most.

What are you doing for Valentines? Whats the sweetest present you have ever recieved?

Comments