Nelly Elliott

Newcastle based blogger, mama, creative, coffee-only with my oxygen, vegan, plus-size fashion lover and feminist 🌱🖤⚡️

@nellyscupcakes

What I wore today... Plaid and Boots.

One of my new years resolutions this year was to make more of an effort with my appearance on a day to day basis. Over the past year I seem to have gotten "comfortable" in the same rotation of 3 or 4 outfits and I started to lose myself a little. I am one of those people who like to stand out from the crowd and project my personality through my choice of clothing.

In fact this blog is one of the ways I intend to stick to this resolutions! So here is my very first "What I wore today" post. (Don't expect one every single day, as neither my wardrobe or wallet will allow.)

As I have yet to get a proper full length mirror and my photography skills leave a lot to be desired these are not the best pictures.


Jumper - H&M BB Range - £14.99


Dress - Evans Sale 2010 - £8 (had a fallen hem so was really reduced, simply fixed)
Boots - Evans £30 in the sale

This is one of my favourite dresses. I bought it in the Evan sale two years ago. It was right at the end of the sale when there is literally one measly rail left and I found this bad boy hidden amongst hideous floral blouses and stretchy pants. The top portion is a stretch cotton t-shirt style, with a plaid prom-style dress attached. It is a size bigger than I usually buy but it had a tie under the bust so can be brought in to appear smaller.


Today I teamed the dress with a simple grey jumper from H&M BB range, a string of pearls and my lovely new boots.

What do you think? A bit too catholic school girl?

Comments